Warp is a leading independent company releasing music from groundbreaking and influential artists including Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Brian Eno, Kelela, Yves Tumor, Danny Brown, Nala Sinephro, OPN, Tinariwen, Autechre, Kelly Moran, Squid and many more. its tag family. Warp has offices in London, Sheffield, New York and Los Angeles.
We are looking for an exceptional, creative and energetic individual to join us, as Social Media and Audience Manager, based in New York. The successful candidate will be a central member of our global promotions team, working with our London, Los Angeles and New York offices to deliver creative and effective social media strategies, as well as cultivate and grow our audience of artists and labels.
Summary of the role
This position will play a key role in promoting our releases, working closely with the Senior Digital Content Manager and Artist teams to develop remarkable messages, stories and creations to populate artist channels, manage playlists broadcasting, interacting with fans and achieving campaign goals.
The ideal candidate will combine a strong enthusiasm for digital platforms and communication with a passion for our roster and the landscape of contemporary arts and culture. They will show an in-depth understanding of social media and platforms including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, Discord, Reddit, Talkhouse and more, and gain insight into how best to use them for your needs. unique to an individual. artist, label or fanbase. They will understand how to tailor content and creative messaging to optimize for different platforms and have the ability to do so with exceptional attention to detail and quality standards. They will maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in the space and build relationships with account managers on key platforms to identify new features, technologies and opportunities that can support our campaigns to be successful, unique and market leaders. They will take a long-term strategic view to grow audiences, email lists and increase engagement, using data and reports to help communicate results and inform best practices, content strategies and future campaigns. .
This role will be perfect for someone who is ready to combine a detail-oriented, results-driven approach with an innovative and game-changing perspective within a driven and collaborative global team.
- Develop and deliver effective social media strategies for Warp artists and releases.
- Create social plans for artist announcements and publish and schedule content for artist channels.
- Collaborate with marketing and A&R team to integrate social media concepts and opportunities into larger promotional plans.
- Generate and publish engaging social content and creatives.
- Complete artist emails and source-approved text.
- Integrate and inspire artists and management to adopt and properly use key platforms in a way that aligns with their artistic vision.
- Work directly with artists and management to help build a social voice and ensure they have what they need for impactful announcements.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the social platforms and technologies on which fans talk about and share the music of our Artists.
- Plan longer-term, platform-specific strategies to grow audiences, mailing lists, and drive fan interaction. Set goals and monitor progress.
- Commission and execute influencer campaigns where appropriate.
- Develop relationships with account managers across social media platforms, finding best practices, new features and partnership opportunities to apply to campaigns.
- Monitor fan activity around artists and share meaningful connections and stories that can inform plans and create new opportunities.
- Write and commission content for newsletters.
- Report on results using qualitative data, analysis and information.
- 2+ years of experience in a social media or related position.
- Extensive knowledge of working professionally with major social platforms, with demonstrable success.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong copywriter, with an ability to extract meaningful stories and messages from artist biographies, press releases, music, videos, etc. and adapt to different audiences and types of content.
- Exceptional visual eye with knowledge of basic design principles.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Knowledge of email creation (basic HTML and CSS).
- Knowledge of Premier Pro, After Effects a strong asset.
- Ability to capture new content (eg photos, videos) optional but beneficial.
- Experience with analytics and reporting, audience insights, monitoring channel growth, trends and content performance.
- Experience in influencer outreach, management and UGC sourcing.
All your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.
Based in New York with a mix of offices, events and remote working (we remain flexible during the pandemic).
Salary depends on experience. Competitive health, vision and dental plans. 401k business plan with optional enrollment.
Thank you for applying and don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.
Applications close March 10, 2022. Apply directly at https://smrtr.io/85V_5.
Please use the “Message to Hiring Manager” section to provide a full cover letter explaining why you think you are a good fit for the role, including details of key accomplishments.
We recognize the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to welcoming all types of talent. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything you would like to tell us, please contact Jo Holder of Warp at the time of your application.