I went to my first local blogger’s event which was hosted by Shutterfly.com, and it was really amazing! I have been looking forward to it for awhile because I love Shutterfly. I have used them several times for cards and photo books. The event was held in Downtown Charleston at Bocci’s Italian Restaurant in their upstairs event room. The food was absolutely amazing! We had Fried Mozzarella for appetizer, Caesar Salad, the main course where I picked Chicken Marsala, and Cheesecake for dessert. All the food was delicious especially the Chicken Marsala which came with garlic mashed potatoes that were to die for.
After we finished eating, we talked about Shutterfly. Desiree from We Share hosted the wonderful event, and had lots of awesome Shutterfly products for us to see, touch and feel. The other bloggers in attendance were: Shannon from Coupon Savings in the South, Heather from Acting Balanced, Courtney from Crunchy Beach Mama, Anna-Leigh from My Lens is Ruby Red, Kelly from Honor, Courage, Commitment, Lindsey from Lounging With Lindsey, and Alison from Making a McHome.
Some things that Desiree showed us was
- Ceramic Ornaments $15.99- It is great quality, absolutely adorable, and a keepsake to pass down. It feels sturdy (as sturdy as ceramic can be), and the picture is clear and prestine.
- Playing Cards $19.99- The picture on the cards is beautiful and well done. The cards are good quality but it will be hard to play with them because I wouldn’t want to mess them up. Makes a great gift.
- Mugs from $13.99- Pictures look great and clear on the mugs. It is a good quality mug and makes a perfect gift to a coffee drinker in your life.
- Photo paper cards from $.40- I will definitely be ordering from Shutterfly this year. They are great quality and sturdy. You can, also, order matching address labels which is a neat idea.
- Photo books from $12.99- I have given Shutterfly photo books as presents for every Christmas since my children have been born. They are well loved gifts.
- Photo Blankets from $49.99- They are great quality. Desiree had ordered the Fleece Photo Blanket which was so soft and warm. The picture came out amazing on the blanket! I was very impressed and loved it!
One thing she didn’t show which I really want is the iPhone case (from $34.95). My sister-in-law has one, and it is amazing. I will probably be ordering one of those.
I LOVE taking pictures. In any given photo opportunity, I usually take about 100 shots. I just take pictures over and over again so I can get at least a couple perfect shots. Kids are always moving, changing expressions, and doing cute things. When we go on an outing to the park or beach, I can possibly take a couple hundred pictures easy. I get a bunch of shots I love that way. I like seeing them candid where their personality come out. On beautiful days outside, it is the perfect place and time for Family Photo Days. The kids play, and we let them be themselves while we shoot photos that we want. A great feature that Shutterfly.com has is the Shutterfly Family Photo Site. It helps give you tips and ideas to get Cardworthy pictures from Family Photo Days and candid moments. The Shutterfly Family Photo Site tells you trends in the Holiday Cards this year like going bold with rainbows of colors and bright pops of color or nostalgic illustrations that add layering, texture, and artistic type treatments. My favorite Christmas Card is probably this one:
It was a lot of fun chatting and meeting other local bloggers. It was fun learning more about Shutterfly in this way so I can share the products with you in a more intimate and fun way. And get excited because y’all are going to have a chance to win a $50 Shutterfly gift certificate below!
Disclaimer: I received free dinner and will receive a free $100 gift card to Shutterfly in exchange for this post. I was not otherwise compensated for this post. All the thoughts and opinions are 100% my own! Thank you!